Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Forum  |  Members Rigs   |  Links  |  Support L4J  |  Write-Ups
Links

Author Topic: AW4 Shift Controllers  (Read 2747 times) Share

• RADesigns

• Still trying
    • Parts Collector
    • Old and still learning
      • RADesigns Products LLC
    AW4 Shift Controllers
    « on: December 03, 2009, 08:34:12 PM »
    Hey guys just thought I'd share my products for Jeeps.  http://www.radesignsproducts.com
    I started making these for my Toyota swap I did, but Jeep guys are the real market. Simple and practical, you can rebuild the Rail shifter if it ever dies with inexpensive parts from Radio Shack and NAPA.
    Oh yeah and by the way I'm not a literary genius or a website designer so in the spirit of the Northwest I did it myself and hope you can find your way around it.
    Rory D.
    Rory D.
    "From automatic to manual in less than a second"
    Shifter lineup

• Tim

• Exalted Ruler of the Burger King Parking Lot
    • Got Welder?
    • DETOUR
      • DOME & DETOUR
    Re: AW4 Shift Controllers
    « Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 09:34:00 PM »
    intresting. i have been wanting to do something with my aw4'd tj. i dont like how it shifts between 1st and 2nd  while in low range (4 to 1 and 4.56 gearing)

i can run this or the tcu by a switch? i like the automatic on the road but want to control 1st and 2nd manually... it needs to stay in the gear i want off road.

is this the best of both worlds?
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going
    Tim :)
    97 TJ

• RADesigns

• Still trying
    • Parts Collector
    • Old and still learning
      • RADesigns Products LLC
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:03 AM »
    intresting. i have been wanting to do something with my aw4'd tj. i dont like how it shifts between 1st and 2nd  while in low range (4 to 1 and 4.56 gearing)

i can run this or the tcu by a switch? i like the automatic on the road but want to control 1st and 2nd manually... it needs to stay in the gear i want off road.

is this the best of both worlds?

To answer your questions, Yes.
    Rory D.
    Rory D.
    Shifter lineup

• RADesigns

• Still trying
    • Parts Collector
    • Old and still learning
      • RADesigns Products LLC
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 09:35:08 PM »
    Here's a sneak preview of a new shifter I'm developing, it will replace the stock automatic floor shifter and allow R-OD shifting with no detents. Combined with any of my electronic shifters this will allow you to shift from say 2 to R and back to 2 again my just using the mechanical shifter side. The electronic shifter will allow you to shift 1-4 and hold it in any gear and also start in any gear too. I've got it installed in my XJ right now but I'm working on getting all the linkage and custom console done to post more pics. Oh yeah it requires the removal of the center console. I'll post more details when I get it done.
    Rory D.
    Shifter lineup