Jeep > LWB

XJ / Where to start?

<< < (2/3) > >>

IBTJn:

--- Quote from: "thephantum" ---Third post in a row...talking to myself again.

I just thought of this: You can use S10 leaf springs in the back to get 3" of lift.  For the front you can snag a set of ZJ coils...they'll give you 1" of lift.  Add a couple of 2" spacers and viola...the trick, she is done.  Cheaply too.

Just another option.  

Steve
--- End quote ---

I talk to myself sometimes, too.  I learned if from themajor.   :shock:  :lol:  

Cool!!!  I like this idea!  Not that I'm too cheap to buy a set up, just this helps keep cost down and allows me to invest in other fine points...like some armor!  :rthumb Those points are well taken.  

Awesome input you guys...I really appreciate it!
 :wink:

Snowman:
Great post guys!!!  My wife also has a XJ, 01 Sport and she wants to add a little lift and run 30-31" tires so she can do some mild trails.  Bad thing about our year is that they tend to get vibes with just a BB so a SYE is probably one of the 1st things that will be done along with the lift.  Thanks for the idea's..... :wink:

thephantum:

--- Quote from: "Snowman" ---Great post guys!!!  My wife also has a XJ, 01 Sport and she wants to add a little lift and run 30-31" tires so she can do some mild trails.  Bad thing about our year is that they tend to get vibes with just a BB so a SYE is probably one of the 1st things that will be done along with the lift.  Thanks for the idea's..... :wink:
--- End quote ---

With the '01, it depends on how much lift you give it.  At 2" or 3", a t-case drop should still take care of any vibes (of course, SYE is always a better option).  It's a good idea to be ready to do a drop or SYE...but you never know until you actually lift.  As an example, I wheel with a guy who has an an '01 and a 3" skyjacker.  No t-case drop or SYE and he's fine...no vibes whatsoever.  

IBTJn - Get with Vic (Vics89XJ), he's got S10 leafs in his.  If that's the route you wanna take he'll be able to help you out with any questions.  :wink:

Rock Tech Offroad:
All very good info here....

I did want to just through out this...remember that RE is a great product but for "light" wheeling you dont need to spend that amount of money on the suspension. Also for the amount of lift (3" or so) you could look to a BDS kit with the BEST warrenty out there bar none!!

Other than that, Everything else said is right on.......

-Rock

Rock Tech Offroad:

--- Quote ---
With the '01, it depends on how much lift you give it.  At 2" or 3", a t-case drop should still take care of any vibes (of course, SYE is always a better option).  It's a good idea to be ready to do a drop or SYE...but you never know until you actually lift.  As an example, I wheel with a guy who has an an '01 and a 3" skyjacker.  No t-case drop or SYE and he's fine...no vibes whatsoever.  

--- End quote ---

Well since it is a Skyjacker Kit it is probably not a true 3"'s of lift.......just a little prone to sagging....haha

-Rock

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version