_ > Site Comments, Suggestions, News and HELP!?!?!

How to use the Gallery

(1/1)

kizer:
Here is a quick and dirty how to use the gallery. I'll expand it later if anybody has questions.

Hopefully this will assist anybody that gets confused on how to use the new Gallery. Its rather simple, but honestly sometimes people get a little confused and I hope these images are not to small that they become rather counter productive or lead to blindness. LOL

First off you need to point your mouse to the Gallery URL in the Nav Bar near the top of the forum.

Secondly point your mouse to the "MyGallery" button

You should notice that there is nothing listed in your Gallery. Simply click on the Create Category button. Think of a Category as a Folder, which is a place to store your photos. Its highly suggested that you think about what Categories you would like to create so you can put images as you upload them. For example My TJ, My XJ, MY Mods, My camping trips........ You can always add/remove or move images around later as needed.

This example I created one called "My Jeep" kinda lame now that I thought about it, but it should work at least for now. Fill in a little discription if you choose to.

With your new Category created click on it so you can upload your images.

You can use the Bulk Upload feature if you like

You can add single photos as well

Fill in a title and quick discription of the image. Use the browse button to locate your image

Find your image

You should notice that the path to your image is loaded up in the Upload Picture blank. As well you can define a rotation if you need to turn your photo so it shows properly.
You can deselect notifying you of comments on your photo
You can deselct allowing comments on your photos
Click Add Picture

As well you can define a rotation if you need to turn your photo so it shows properly.
You can deselect notifying you of comments on your photo
You can deselct allowing comments on your photos
Click Add Picture

Currently all permissions are set to Auto Approve so when a photo is added it doesn't have to be. You can Un-Approve if you like, Delete or edit your photo now

Click on the photo for a larger view

Below the photo you can see the code required to link to a forum or on a website. Feel free to copy this and post away.

Maybe you have a comment or 3 that is where it would go below the image.

kizer:
* * Reserved * *

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version