Jeep > LWB

UGH .. Still won't start need some ideas!!

(1/3) > >>

TwiztedAgony:
This is my 1999 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.0L/AW4/np231!!

OK .. my fuel pump went out, so I replaced it and it ran fine for a few days to a week, then it started dying randomly or felt randomly, well it died at the gas station here in Union so I towed it home (6 blocks) .. hasn't started since!!

OK .. so I redo the fuel pump still won't start, I check if I am getting fuel at the rail and I AM plenty of fuel probably 3x more then my 97 Grand Cherokee with same engine!! (I have no way to test PSI on the fuel rail) and I can hear the fuel injectors firing!! Just to make sure its still not fuel I have sprayed starting fluid in the throttle body and still won't start .. so fuel is out I am thinking!!

I move on to spark.. I know its not the ASD (auto shut down relay) because the Fuel pump IS coming on and the fuel injectors are firing .. I check the MAP sensor, supposedly you can unplug it and it will start if its bad, doesn't start, so I move on .. I replaced the cap/rotor/wires .. still won't start!!

This is where I am at .. wtf can it be?

Will the CPS kill the spark if it went out and doesn't see the flywheel spinning?

Only other thing I can think of is the distributor anyone ever here of one going out like that?

Ideas??

Thx in advance

IBTJn:
Is it throwing any codes?  If not my guess would be the CPS (crank position sensor) located behind the block above the bell housing if I recall?  Sharon's XJ was intermittent too and after replacing everything else (or so it seemed) I finally replaced that and it's never shut down since.  That's been a couple of years now.  Just a thought.

LittleL.:
So you do not state if you are getting spark? Let me know and we can easily go from there.

TwiztedAgony:
NO .. no spark .. sorry for not making that more clear!

EDIT: Sorry for late reply .. wife made me eat something .. LMFAO!

AlwayswrenchN:
CPS is very common problem. and fairly cheap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version