Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Forum  |  Members Rigs   |  Links  |  Support L4J  |  Write-Ups
Links

Author Topic: Website update ideas  (Read 1359 times) Share

• AlwayswrenchN

• Got Welder?
      • 94 YJ
      • 46 CJ2A/ 53 CJ3A
    Website update ideas
    « on: April 27, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »

Visit the web page and give your ideas.

1.  Remove member list and just keep updated officer names.

2.  ???
    94 YJ 4.0L, AW4 trans, SOA waggy/yukon springs, D44 & 9" 5.13w/ lockers, 37/13.5-15 PBR, warn 8274
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L-[]llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

• Cheveep

• N.E.O 4Wheelers
    • Tool Handler
    • It's a Jeep: "Get In and Be Happy"
      • 1983 CJ-7 with Chevy stuff
    Re: Website update ideas
    « Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
    I would like to keep all the member names on there, Club Officers first with there title then members but make everyone have a picture of there wheeler. I go to club websites and I look at members rigs you get a better feel for what kind of members they have. That's my 2 cents.
    Oh My! am I lost?

• warrpath4x4

• Got Welder?
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »
    if you do a pic of members rigs, maybe a run down or bio of whats on/been done to the rig
    http://wanderingwarringtons.blogspot.com/

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

• Rock Toy

• N.E.O 4Wheelers
    • Wrencher
    « Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:59:18 PM »
    Almost every club site that I've been on at least has this kind of information.

1. Member bios, with rig and modifications listed, and picture of rig.
    2. Pictures of club runs with short story about trip or activity.
    3. List of upcoming club activities and meetings.
    4. Items of interest, or up coming events. [ Examples, swap meets, USFS, BLM, clean ups, wheeling trips etc. ]
    5. Contact numbers for those interested in the club.
    Rock Toy

Member: Montana Backroads 4x4
                  Montana 4x4 Assoc.
                  UFWDA
                  Blue Ribb

• kizer

• Its Deja Vu Time again
    • Forum Supporter
    • Post Whore
      • 2000 TJ
      • 1998 XJ
      • Links4Jeeps.com
    « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:50:35 AM »
    I can help with some of that stuff. I'm aware not everybody is to web savvy, but I'll put in some effort to help if you guys can drum up say some templates on how you would want something to look and then I'll HTML it up for you.

• Rock Toy

• N.E.O 4Wheelers
    • Wrencher
    « Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:24:43 AM »
    Thanks, for the offer Kizer. I think the club should come up with some ideas of what we want on the website, and how it should look.
    Maybe do this by email?
    « Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:27:40 AM by Rock Toy »
    Rock Toy

Montana 4x4 Assoc.
                  UFWDA
                  Blue Ribb

• kizer

• Its Deja Vu Time again
    • Forum Supporter
    • Post Whore
      • 2000 TJ
      • 1998 XJ
      • Links4Jeeps.com
    « Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
    You can do it here or in Offical Business where nobody can see what you guys post other than other club members. Heck I don't even look in there anymore as the Admin of Links4Jeeps because well its your guys club. ;)
    http://www.links4jeeps.com/forum/index.php?board=77.0

I only really offered up help simply because I'm currently hosting the clubs site as a subdomain to Links4Jeeps until you guys either go big and branch out to your own or well live here happy and I just assist because I'm glutten for punishment.

Like I've mentioned before to AlwaysWrenchN I have no problems given access to the FTP where you guys have your site and let you guys have creative freedom. I mearly created what I created as a starter for you guys. I just normally say direct everything thru AlwaysWrenchN so its controlled and not wild. I can easily be reached via PM or email.

• Cheveep

• N.E.O 4Wheelers
    • Tool Handler
    • It's a Jeep: "Get In and Be Happy"
      • 1983 CJ-7 with Chevy stuff
    « Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 10:55:06 AM »
    Thanks Kizer for all that you do.
    Oh My! am I lost?

• Rock Toy

• N.E.O 4Wheelers
    • Wrencher
    « Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 12:43:58 PM »
    The only reason I suggested email was so we could make sure everyone had a chance to offer their input. I don't know about everyone, but sometimes when I have other things going on I'll check my email, but that is about all I do on the computer for maybe a couple of weeks or more at a time.
    Kizer, I did mean thank you for the offer of help on the website. Believe me I do appreciate what you do for all of us, and especially all you've done for the club.
    Rock Toy

Montana 4x4 Assoc.
                  UFWDA
                  Blue Ribb

• AlwayswrenchN

• Got Welder?
      • 94 YJ
      • 46 CJ2A/ 53 CJ3A
    « Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
    Honestly the webpage stuff is way beyond me.  But I do like how our page is setup now.  Easy and simple which is what I think a page for a club like ours should be.  But that is just my opinion. 
    94 YJ 4.0L, AW4 trans, SOA waggy/yukon springs, D44 & 9" 5.13w/ lockers, 37/13.5-15 PBR, warn 8274
    _______
    /l ,[____],
    l---L-[]llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

• kizer

• Its Deja Vu Time again
    • Forum Supporter
    • Post Whore
      • 2000 TJ
      • 1998 XJ
      • Links4Jeeps.com
    « Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »
    Just because I've seen this as a list of suggestions. Nothing I responded to is the Law just how I see it now and it can easily be changed. I'm just trying to help out where I can since I more or less steped into this CowPie. LOL

Almost every club site that I've been on at least has this kind of information.

1. Member bios, with rig and modifications listed, and picture of rig.
    Not hard to do. I would just need a template from somebody. Kinda like a questionaire per say and everybody would have to fill it out and I would post it up. I orginally had each member picture grabbing their picture from the forum, but it appears many have changed their picture so now there are blanks. ;) This is something I started a while back and it wouldn't be to hard to setup for you guys. The code doesn't work very well, but I can hopefully achive the same thing with a questionaire or having you guys edit a text file for me. Click Here

2. Pictures of club runs with short story about trip or activity.
    Like the members. Create a basic Template for all Trips and outings and then when there is a trip or outing somebody would have to take the time to fill in the questionaire and provide photos for posting.

3. List of upcoming club activities and meetings.
    I was trying to address that with the Goings On link on the club page which parses from the forum.

4. Items of interest, or up coming events. [ Examples, swap meets, USFS, BLM, clean ups, wheeling trips etc. ]
    Pretty much was hoping the Goings On link would take care of that.

5. Contact numbers for those interested in the club.
    Currently there is a Contact Us link on the club page that does this. I think it contacts AlwaysWrenchN by default.