Advertise  |  Contact Us  |  Forum  |  Members Rigs   |  Links  |  Support L4J  |  Write-Ups
Links

Author Topic: ARB O-Ring Replacement  (Read 2414 times) Share

• kizer

• Its Deja Vu Time again
    • Forum Supporter
    • Post Whore
      • 2000 TJ
      • 1998 XJ
      • Links4Jeeps.com
    ARB O-Ring Replacement
    « on: March 14, 2008, 01:45:40 AM »

ARB O-Ring Replacement

One day on the trail I hit my front locker and my compressor just ran and ran. I new I had an air leak, but I wasn't sure where it was. I did the normal thing and popped my hood and hear air coming up from the radiator, but that didn't make sense because there isn't an air line there. After some more digging we realized it was coming from my axle housing vent tube. That can mean one of two possible problems. The air line has come loose in the housing or an O-ring has failed.

ARB lockers work great, but even they have a weakness. Its a small O-ring that costs no more than a couple of bucks. The only problem with replacing the O-ring is you have to literally take your ARB locker out of the axle housing which means you guess it. Everything must come out/off. Wheels, calipers, rotors and axle shafts. Its not really a difficult task, but just time consuming.

• Lupinsea

• Wrenching Post Whore
      • jay-greening.com
    Re: ARB O-Ring Replacement
    « Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:59:27 PM »
    Bummer, Kizer.

At least your transmission didn't crap out on you like, um, some people here.   ::)

• kizer

• Its Deja Vu Time again
    • Forum Supporter
    • Post Whore
      • 2000 TJ
      • 1998 XJ
      • Links4Jeeps.com
    Re: ARB O-Ring Replacement
    « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 05:30:56 PM »
    No kidding. Win some loose some. Im ready to roll.