Everything Else > Gear

Fire!!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Paul:
Cotton balls dipped in vaseline work really well, so does corn chips. I usually use Merlin's beard off trees when backpacking.

IBTJn:

--- Quote from: Paul on April 24, 2009, 08:07:52 PM ---Cotton balls dipped in vaseline work really well.

--- End quote ---

Not to ask the obvious Paul, but why in the world would someone carry vaseline while camping?   ???

I mean, I know why Hutch would carry it on a "camping trip", but you or any other person??    :doh

hutchman:

--- Quote from: IBTJn on April 24, 2009, 09:12:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Paul on April 24, 2009, 08:07:52 PM ---Cotton balls dipped in vaseline work really well.

--- End quote ---

Not to ask the obvious Paul, but why in the world would someone carry vaseline while camping?   ???

I mean, I know why Hutch would carry it on a "camping trip", but you or any other person??    :doh

--- End quote ---

LOL, you are so silly........

RioGrande95:

--- Quote from: IBTJn on April 24, 2009, 09:12:39 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Not to ask the obvious Paul, but why in the world would someone carry vaseline while camping?   ???

--- End quote ---

haha, us backpackers are a strange bunch.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the primary reason he's packing it is for use as a fire starter. 

[off topic]
had a similar situation the other day in my surveying class.  We were out in the field and the instructor had a pop quiz for us "do you have a first aid kit with you?"  The kit the school supplied for us was big and bulky and we left it in the van along with our packs.  I replied that I had a tube of super glue in my pocket that I could use to glue myself back together and a bandanna for the bigger stuff.

The instructor gave me a strange look and said "that's pretty fast thinking with the superglue, but why on earth are you carrying that with you."  I replied "so I can glue my cuts closed when I get hurt."  He thought I was just being a smartass, but after I explained the the supper glue took up less space, was more comfortable, more waterproof, and capable of sealing larger wounds than a conventional band aid, He gave us full credit on the quiz ;)
[/off topic]

Tim:
super glue = derma bond

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version