Jeep > Wheeling and get togethers

Wheeling - Lessons Learned?

(1/1)

kizer:
Ok, heres the thread to discuss lessons learned on the trail. Don't be shy because your one shot of stupidity is useful knowledge to somebody else.

kizer:
I'll go first.
I'm leading down a hill at Reiter Pit near Monroe Washington.

We all come to a drop where we all went up earlier. Of course on the way up you have to do a little bump to climb up on the passenger side. I approach the drop and decided to bump it on the drivers side. Not realizing I do not have 8 feet of flex I started to tip over.

Never and I mean never assume your rig can just do it. I had a revalation while sitting there on the brakes and 15 guys scrambling around to keep me from roll two different ways. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. I should of thought it out a bit more and since I knew my Jeep couldn't do it why did I think it would magically work?

warrpath4x4:
I've had one of those "revelations" before but it was in my yota. Out playing in the sand, my buddy in a ranger jumps a little hill, "I can do better than that" hit a 3-4' sand hill that table topped off at about 45mph. I had that "uh this was stupid" when my tires were 10 feet in the air. Luckily I didn't wreck or even break anything, just stuffed my passenger side fender into its self.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version